Friday, April 3, 2009

My trip to heaven

I believe that I was permitted to visit heaven for a short time. This happened probably two weeks after my Dad's passing. I was in this house where the walls were light colored green. A young man was standing next to me. I did not recognize him but I felt very comfortable in the house. It seemed like some sort of party was going on, almost like a homecoming. The young man was talking to me but I felt a little dazed and could not make out exactly what he was saying. There also were other people talking in the background, I could hear them coming from another room in the house. I remember staring at the walls amazed at how clean and bright they made the house look, it was almost like the sunlight indoors. Then the young man spoke to me again and this time I understood. He said "Here comes your Dad". Somehow I knew to turn into the direction of a big picture frame window. Through the window I saw my Dad strolling along a white wooden fence with blue sky, crisp and clean and green grass as far as the eye could see. He walked to a gate, reached his arm to unlock the latch and proceeded through the gate to the front door. As soon as he opened the door I tackled him to the ground and asked one question. " What Happened?” He said back with out hesitation “I am OK now, my heart just stopped.” I immediately woke up from my sleep and thought my Dad was still here with us, that the past few weeks were just some nightmare, that he didn’t really pass on. But then I began to think about what he told me. I realized that he was in a better place. I believe I was given a chance to visit heaven, so that my Dad could let me know he was alright. If I was not in so much shock by the answer he gave me I probably could have stuck around and joined in the homecoming. I believe the house I was in was my Grandmas and they were getting together for the homecoming of my Dad. Someday I know that I will get a chance to walk over that grassy field and walk through that gate and reunite with my Family again. Hopefully not soon I still have two Little Boogers to watch over.

No comments:

Post a Comment